← 2A study portal

    The study workshop · Level 2

    One step. One circuit.

    Electrical revision at your pace. Five questions, clear working and space to try again. Allow 15–20 minutes.

    Quick recap — open before you practise

    1. Convert, then rearrange

    1 A = 1,000 mA. Start with V = I × R. Divide both sides by I to get R = V ÷ I.

    Example: 12 V ÷ 0.5 A = 24 Ω.

    2. Follow the paths

    Series: same current; add resistances. Parallel: same voltage across each branch.

    Two 10 Ω resistors: 20 Ω in series, 5 Ω in parallel.

    3. Protection has conditions

    An MCB rating alone cannot tell you its operating time. Use the actual current and the specific device’s time–current curve.

    Schneider Electric: breaker characteristics

    Source checked 26 September 2026.

    Starting fresh clears this set. Answers stay in this session only.

    Question 1 of 5 · Protection concepts

    Rating versus threshold

    A 20 A MCB carries 20 A. Must it immediately trip just because it reaches that value?

    Choose an answer

    Ideal resistor circuits for study. Protection questions practise concepts; permitted disconnection times require the relevant circuit, earthing arrangement and current course guidance.